Sometimes we experience resistance when we look at our options for work (next actions). The next action item on the to do list does NOT attract us and we’re making no forward movement. This is Resistance. (See The War of Art by Steven Pressfield)
But what if there’s a hidden project or goal that would excite and attract you?
There is a thinking process we can walk ourselves through to see if there’s a hidden project. Then, the next action may become attractive because it’s a means to a greater end, not a standalone task.
Some questions to trigger better thinking:
- What is holding you back from doing anything about this?
- Is there a super small next step I could take?
- Is there a larger goal that you want for the person or situation that you would be excited about? Do I have that captured anywhere?
- What do you really want for the situation?
- Is there a way I can reframe this goal or next step to be a part of a larger dream, goal, or purpose?