Sometimes we get too close to our work. We can be so close, in fact, it's hard to focus on the bigger picture. This is why “zooming out” is important if you do creative work.
Subscribe with your favorite app:
Zoom out and see the bigger picture!
Repetition is where the value is
- Listening over and over can help you learn better
What's the best computer
- Use what helps you convert things from your head to real life
- Don't get hung up on operating systems
- Get things don't – don't focus on the tech too much
Alice in Wonderland quote
- The steps you take MATTER to move forward
- You need to know where you want to get to
- Write things down and have a paper trail
- Is your mind set on a goal?
- How will you know when you get there?
- If you do nothing — nothing happens!
Takeaway lesson: different or better?
- Can you top what else is out there in the world?
- What is your motive? Money or recognition?
- Better takes a lot of work
- People want the BEST
- Google picks what serves people best
Tell yourself “ZOOM OUT”
- Imagine Google Maps and seeing your whole county and state
- There are other people in the world
- Remind yourself that you're not the only one going through your thing